Development and Support Manager, DJI
Programs Director, Specialisterren
Automation Coach, Unlocking Digital
Technical Customer Success Manager, UiPath
The New Speaker
New Success Manager, UiPath
Server Adminstrator, UiPath
Would you have ever thought of a connection between DJI – Netherlands’s government agency responsible with the incarceration of adults – and end-to-end automation technology?
Most probably you would have not, but in reality the Shared Service Center (SSC) that DJI founded over 15 years ago is one of the epicenters of RPA implementation in the Dutch public sector, showcasing automations in purchasing, finance, human resources, and program management.
Over 1000 employees in the SSC supports not only DJI itself, but also the Immigration and Naturalization Service, the Dutch Forensic Institute and the Dutch Ministry of Public Safety and Justice, which oversees DJI.
We invited Wouter Derksen, Development and Support Manager within DJI’s SSC, for an informal 30-minutes tell-all webinar. He was joined by Ernst Kolvenbag, Program Director at Specialisterren, the implementation partner of the DJI’s automation project.
Interviewed by Asher Lake, independent automation coach, Wouter and Ernst will addressed some of the topics below:
- How does the SSC successfully interact with various departments within the Justice Ministry for their automation ambitions?
- Wouter's vision for hyperautomation while serving the SSC's customers and improving citizen service
- How DJI's automation project creates social return
- Top three pitfalls to avoid when deploying RPA at scale
- What does Specialisterren bring to the table into the next phase of scaling?